This chicken sausage pizza will be your new favorite summer meal. Loaded with in season produce and yummy chicken sausage, this pizza will show up weekly on your dinner rotation. This delish pizza is so easy to make and easy on your wallet, too.
I have always enjoyed a nice, artisan style pizza, and this pizza is just that. In my house, everyone lights up when this delish sheet pan sausage and veggie pizza is on the weekly menu. My family and I feel like we are eating at a new and fancy pizza joint, but without the hefty check to go along with it.
Homemade dough and delish sausage and veggie toppings make this pizza one that your family will request again and again. I love to serve this pizza with a big salad and glass of wine for an enjoyable pizza joint style experience – those little touches help me live well (and only spend a little:)!
As a busy working mom, I am always looking for easy and delicious recipes that my family will enjoy. My family requests this pizza AT LEAST every other week. I don’t mind because of how easy and delicious this pizza is. This delish pizza makes great leftovers (if there’s any left:) and it’s a great way to get the whole family involved in the cooking and dining experience.
There is something magical about setting the table and serving those you love. I love to create these experiences with my family and this delish sheet pan pizza is the perfect way to bring everyone together. No one wants to miss out on pizza night!
WANT TO SEE HOW I MAKE THIS DELISH SHEET PAN PIZZA?! CLICK HERE.
Chicken Sausage Pizza Ingredients:
- Pizza dough (THIS is the pizza dough recipe I used. No knead and very few ingredients = WIN) I highly recommend making your own if possible. It is TRULY so easy to do, and it saves you money. Plus, it tastes way better than store bought pizza dough.
- Italian Seasoning I like to put a few dashes of this into the dough and over top once the pizza is done baking. Dried oregano and dried basil work too.
- Pizza Sauce I like to use a jarred tomato basil sauce for this pizza. It saves time and adds great flavor to this pizza. Any brand of sauce works here.
- Mozzarella Pearls (or slices) I use fresh (not pre-shredded) mozzarella because it tastes SO much better. Fresh mozzarella gives me the authentic pizza joint experience- in my own kitchen. Shredded mozzarella works here in a pinch. I prefer the mozzarella pearls because they make the crust less soggy.
- Parmesan Cheese Don’t skimp on the parmesan. It gives the best flavor – salty and savory.
- White Cheddar Also adds an awesome cheesy flavor to this pizza.
- Fresh Basil gives this pizza that artisan-style look and taste. You can totally skip the fresh basil, but it does make the pizza experience extra special.
- Chicken Sausage is such an underrated protein to put on a pizza! I recommend cutting it thinly, like pepperoni style. I love the Aldi brand, but there are several brands I have tried. Honestly, they all work!
- Bell Peppers In this recipe I used a red bell pepper, but I think any bell pepper would work here.
- Mushrooms also add a great, yummy flavor and texture to this pizza. You can totally skip if you’re not into mushrooms.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggie Pizza Directions:
First, Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Go ahead and start prepping your dough if you’re making it homemade. If using store bought dough, you can begin rolling it out to fit the size of your sheet pan. I like to put parchment paper down to make cleanup easier.
To prep your homemade dough, you’ll add flour, warm water, rapid dry yeast, salt, Italian seasoning, olive oil and honey to your stand mixer. Attach a dough hook if you have one. You can also totally mix this by hand – the stand mixer just makes it a tad bit easier. The dough should be slightly sticky.
Next, you will cover this dough with cloth and let it rise for only 15 minutes! You can let it go a little longer, BUT this dough gets perfectly fluffy in only 15 minutes. That’s one of the many reasons why I love this recipe.
Now, once you dough has risen a bit, you can take begin rolling it out on a floured surface. Be sure to flour the rolling pin as well so the dough doesn’t stick as your rolling it out.
Next, start topping that dough. Add your pizza sauce of choice. I start with about a half cup of sauce add more based on how saucy I want it.
Add the about half of the shredded cheddar, mozzarella pearls, and shredded parmesan cheese. I like to sprinkle the other half of the cheese over top of the other toppings.
Add your sliced chicken sausage, sliced red pepper, and sliced mushrooms over the cheeses. Sprinkle on the remaining amount of cheese.
Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the desired crispiness is reached.
Serve this pizza up!
Add a few dashes of Italian seasoning and fresh basil all over the pizza once it is out of the oven. Lastly, ENJOY. I know you and your family will LOVE this pizza. This pizza pairs really well with your favorite dinner wine and a side salad! You really can’t go wrong.
Be sure to check out some of my other recipes.
Chicken Sausage Pizza Cost Analysis
For all the ingredients in this pizza, it only cost 10$! Yes, only ten dollars. With this pizza making about 6 servings, that is a whopping $1.6 per serving. Keep in mind, I calculate the total cost based on how much of the ingredient is used. The cost will fluctuate depending upon your area and whether you purchase name brand or generic, but a delish sheet pan pizza dinner with those you love shouldn’t be out of anyone’s budget.
WANT TO SEE HOW I MAKE THIS DELISH PIZZA?! CLICK HERE.
Chicken Sausage Pizza
This chicken sausage pizza will be your new favorite summer meal. Loaded with in season produce and yummy chicken sausage, this pizza will show up weekly in your dinner rotation. This delish pizza is so easy to make and easy on your wallet, too.
- 1/2 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of Pizza Sauce
- 1 8 oz package of Mozzarella Pearls
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Basil (use to your liking)
- 2 - 3 Chicken Sausage Links, cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 - 5 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- dash of Italian seasoning
- First, Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Start prepping your homemade dough or begin rolling out your store-bought dough. Make sure your roll out your dough on a floured surface.
- Add a few dashes of Italian seasoning into the dough. If making the dough homemade, let it rest and rise for about 15 minutes.
- Once your dough is rolled out to the size of the sheet pan, transfer the rolled out dough on a parchment covered sheet pan.
- Add your preferred pizza sauce over the dough. Leave space for a crust.
- Sprinkle half of your shredded white cheddar, parmesan, and mozzarella pearls.
- Add diced mushrooms, bell pepper, and chicken sausage over the cheese and sauce.
- Add the remaining cheese over the toppings.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
- Add a pinch of italian seasoning and fresh basil to the top of your pizza.
Wow, this looks so delish! I love the idea of using chicken sausage too.. never thought of that!
Thanky you! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Hi Lauren, this sheet pan pizza looks so delicious. I’m definitely putting it on the family recipe roster. Can’t wait to give your pizza a try!
I am so glad this recipe made it onto your rotation! 🙂
This looks delicious! Can’t wait to try this next time we have a pizza night at our house.
YAY! Let me know what you think 🙂